Friday, November 21, 2014

"The Fear Community"

Our blog, finally, has updated with a variety of pages our clients may find useful for enlisting our services. I promised these pages quite some time ago, and regrettably found myself unmotivated to create them soon after, owing to a rather nasty bout of depression. I presume that this is something quite a few of our readers and potential clients can understand, however, in the future I will endeavor to keep up on my work in spite of this issue. I have a mission, as does the rest of my team, and I am not about to jeopardize it.

Within those pages, I frequently mention what I call the "Fear Community." This is by no means an attempt to normalize or belittle the circumstance of those of us ensnared in a world of supernatural horror none of us asked for. Rather, it is my hope that by referring to us all as one whole, I may encourage us to smash the walls that separate us into 'factions'. Proxies and other such Fear followers and so-called "Runners" alike suffer from the presence of Fear in their lives. It does not benefit us to fight each other, but working together, we can create a bond which will protect us from many of the worse horrors we face daily.

It may seem to those reading that I speak from a place of safety and comfort. But I assure you, my own predicament is as precarious as any of your's. Although certain arrangements have been made to protect my team and I, the being known as the "Slenderman" is still quite present in my life. I have seen him, frequently, staring in from the outer edges of our current grounds. Always seeming to be looking at me, despite that complete lack of a face. It seems to me that he is a symbol, a constant reminder of the pain and sorrow I have endured. Still endure, in some cases.

I anticipate resistance over the course of duty with Rain or Snow Services. Thus far, my fellow Couriers and I have been unimpeded, but there will be some who do not take kindly to our mission. Although I have declared us a neutral party, I suspect not all will honor that declaration. I am lucky enough to benefit from a partnership with Fracture, former head of the Free Market, as well as his successor Sloth. We have one of his agents among our ranks, and I am grateful for it. He brings valuable insight and connections to the team which we would otherwise have no access to. The Free Market is currently the largest remaining Proxy organization, and so it is in the spirit of peace that we ally with them for all of our sake's.

I hope those who might disagree with his partnership can see that. Thinking about it now, I should have made a statement on this earlier. That is my fault, and it is another in a long list of mistakes throughout my history. I bring Rain or Snow Services to our community, now, in the hopes that I can atone for those grave errors in judgement on my part. With any luck, our services can bring similar hope to the entire community to which I refer. It may not be much. But, it is something, and it's more than we've had in the past.

-Malcolm

22 comments:

  1. Hello, I would like to Order a Large New York style Pizza. Kind of in a Meat Lovers mood, I think... Do you offer Long Pork as a topping? No? That is a shame. Add lots of bacon then. OOOH. AND STUFFED CRUST. Delivered in 15 or less, or I get my money back? YOU'RE THE BEST, NOT-SPENCER. I LOVE YOU. Can we be friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever you are, leave it well enough alone.

      Delete
    2. Oh. My Mistake. Sorry. Didn't realize I was dealing with someone incapable of reading the goddamn Usernames. This order is for a "Doctor Morningstar." Do you need to see my fucking Driver's License or something?

      Delete
    3. I won't engage you again. Stop commenting.

      Delete
    4. Does this mean I don't get my Pizza? DISCRIMINATION. You fuckers are DISCRIMINATING against me, a Proxy. HEY. EVERYONE. THESE COURIERS DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PROXIES. The Fuckers. Just you wait. They will just as Pro-Proxy as the last group of idiots, and THEN one of them is gonna go bad...

      Ooooh... Think you might end up in the Red Hoodie there Not-Spencer? I bet that's why you started this moronic "charity" service. Wonder what your dear team will think, when the time comes. Heheheheheheh.

      Delete
    5. For the record, the only one here who is insufferably racist against proxies is the Rat. The others keep their intense dislike of me to themselves which is very endearing. Tolerance is the purest form of love. And banana pudding is a terrible lubricant.

      Mushy stuff aside, submit an email and we'll have your pizza to you in no time... like days... or hours... months? Eventually. And you'll tolerate it, because that's like love or something.

      Delete
    6. The asshole is right. Treasure that sentence.

      Why are you even giving the Grand Asshole pizza?

      Delete
    7. WHY DONT YOU EAT MORE PIZZA INSTEAD OF CHILDREN, YOU FUCKBADGE?

      Delete
    8. Because if he puts in the formal request, its my job as a Courier.

      Delete
    9. We don't deliver pizza, Ivan. It isn't your job.

      Delete
    10. Why not? Its food. We deliver food rations.

      Delete
    11. "Rations" imply a shortage? Plus there are a lot of services devoted specially to creating and delivering pizza. Usually locally. So it's fresher.

      Delete
  2. I have my doubts that the Free Market is the largest but it might be the furthest reaching right now. I was pretty ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ambition seems to have paid off. I would have once called the Free Market a splinter group, but the old bureaucrats have fallen...you're organization is the largest standing operation I'm aware of.

      Delete
    2. The largest standing proxy order infrastructure I've encountered is centered around Australia but they don't tend to operate far from home. The free market is smaller but reaches most of the usa.

      Delete
  3. Stay strong and stay safe, Malcolm. You are a blessing to us all and to this world. Hope is the most valuable commodity, and you bring it to us all. I know everyone will come to agree with me, if they do not already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing idea, Malcolm, but probably hard to put into practice. The community has a bit of a psycho problem, one that I'm scared I might be part of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're young, my dear. You don't yet have your head straight on your shoulders, but you'll sort yourself out, I have no doubt.

      Delete
  5. Such a noble cause...I would recommend you tread lightly, as that resistance you speak of may come sooner than you expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let the couriers do their job. As long as they aren't meddling in proxy affairs I see no harm.

      Delete
    2. That wasn't a threat. It was a legitimate concern.

      Delete