Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sorry, Not Sorry

So, I don't live in headquarters like the others. I travel the rest of the time. I don't like being stuck in one place all the time, and right now we don't do enough deliveries to get me out consistently. I have friends I like to visit, things I like to do alone. I don't like being domestic for extended periods of time. For short bursts, it's fantastic. I come in, I cook enough food for an army, I freeze it, and then I want to get the hell out. When I start feeling the urge to wear an apron or bleach the counters, it's time to go because I have completely lost my shit. Mal knows this, he's known me for years. So I left the morning after Mal's mission report. He expected that. What he didn't expect was what ELSE I did.

Mal, I took the files. Incognito, I know you put a stop order on the delivery, but I couldn't let that happen. Call me biased, call me a bitch, call me unreliable, but I know Anna pretty well. We've been friends for a while. I know how much she was counting on that info. So I got it to her. I finished the delivery, indirectly. Anna and Daniel are a little busy right now, so I dropped the files with a trusted friend of both of ours. Not sure if I ever told her I'd met him before, but it was fantastic to see him again.

I'm a bit busy with him tonight, but I just wanted to drop a note to say delivery completed and sorry Mal.

11 comments:

  1. Don't care, Anna's explanation was solid, she can keep the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit Ellen - are you who I think you are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Do you think I'm a courier named Ellen? Otherwise, either you're guessing random crap and you should keep it to yourself to avoid looking like a moron or you've figured out something about me that I have chosen to keep hidden. Either way, keep it to yourself

      Delete
    2. Well, the word "moron" is a mean word for an autistic person. As an autistic person, I can't always avoid looking like one. So for this, I apologise.

      I figured you'd volunteer any of that information if you had a mind to, so you have nothing to be concerned about.

      Delete
  3. This has been a fantastic first mission.

    ReplyDelete